Days of Week: Monday – Friday
Work Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (flexibility required)
Job Availability: As soon as possible
The Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is looking to fill the position of the Events Coordinator reporting to the Senior Manager, Sponsorship & Events. The CCAB is a 30 year old organization whose mission is to build sustainable business relations between First Nations, Metis, and Inuit peoples and Canadian companies. The CCAB is a national member based non-profit charitable organization located in downtown Toronto.
The CCAB hosts approximately 10 events across Canada including galas, luncheons, panel discussions and receptions, as well as conferences. CCAB events are the main source of revenue for the organization.
This position is ideal for a candidate with experience in the event planning industry looking to develop their current skill set working side by side with the Senior Manager, Sponsorship & Events on all aspects of organizing an event.
• Administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to, data entry, responding to event inquiries, compiling registration lists, printing name badges, arrange travel;
• Preparing invoices and collecting payments;
• Update and maintain events section of CCAB website;
• Editing and preparing marketing materials as well as post event survey evaluations;
• Ensuring sponsorship deliverables are met;
• Managing signage requirements for each event;
• Overseeing all shipping requirements;
• Providing support to Senior Manager, Sponsorship and Events on all CCAB events
• 1-2 years event planning experience; required
• Diploma in Event Management; required
• Highly detail oriented and strong organization skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
• Ability to handle stress and multiple tasks in a composed and professional manner;
• Energetic and passionate about event organization
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experienced in working with CMS and website development
• Knowledgeable with Accounting Systems, not required but would be considered an asset
• Flexible, able to work outside of normal business hours (if necessary)
• Able to travel within Canada
No telephone calls please. We appreciate all expressed interest in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.